Wait three days

My mama used to say “wait 3 days.” What she meant was that most of our small problems take care of themselves in 3 days. She wanted us to wait and see if things worked themselves out, instead of reacting immediately to every little thing that happened to us in a day. I think the advice has merit. Oftentimes, things have a way of working themselves out. Plans change, time passes, and things have a way of sifting.

I laugh as I remember way back in the 60’s, rumors were going around school that two different fellows were going to ask to escort me to the prom. I was all in a dither about what to do. Again “wait 3 days” worked. No point in getting all flustered before the fact. And yes, it worked out just fine. šŸ™‚

This is also true when you feel offended, angry, upset. It is best not to burn bridges in the heat of the moment. Just wait things out — 3 days should do it!

And maybe the same rule would apply as well to worry. My husband always tells me 90% of the things you worry about never happen and the other 10% are not worth worrying about. Yep! Again that 3 day rule. Wait the 3 days, and then if it is worth worrying about, you can choose to do that worrying at an appointed time!. šŸ™‚

Have a happy day!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s